2010年11月28日日曜日

Torrey Smith talks about his future

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- It was senior day in College Park, but Maryland may have also seen the last of junior receiver Torrey Smith in Byrd Stadium. He certainly played like it was his last game, as the Terps' top offensive option will consider leaving school early for the NFL draft.

"It's something that obviously I have to investigate," Smith said. "I'll talk to (Ralph) Friedgen, Kevin Glover, see what happens. Just because you play well doesn't mean you can go. I have to weigh my options. I love being here. I wouldn't have chose any other school if I could. Everything has worked out great for me here. I definitely would love to be here for another year, but I have to weigh my options. I graduate in December. I've got a single mother. She's got some things going on at home. Things aren't the best. Whatever is the best situation for me to do, obviously I'll take that route."

Maryland couldn't have defeated NC State without Smith. He set career highs in receptions (14), receiving yards (224) and receiving touchdowns (4). He had a school-record four receiving touchdowns and had the third-most yards in a game in school history. He became just the second player in school history to have more than 1,000 receiving yards in a season (1,045), and he's now the school's career leader in all-purpose yards with 5,183.

Maryland quarterback Danny O'Brien said he'll do his part to keep Smith in College Park.

"I'm going to work him, definitely," O'Brien said with a laugh. "Torrey, he'll make the right decision for himself and his family. But I'm definitely going to be a little bit of a persuader in the sense I want him back. He knows that. He's going to do what's good for himself and his family."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/34053/torrey-smith-talks-about-his-future

Seattle Seahawks San Diego Chargers St. Louis Rams Oakland Raiders Kansas City Chiefs

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿