2011年11月22日火曜日

They Said It: Week of Nov. 20

Monday, Nov. 21, 2011

Bears head coach Lovie Smith on the loss of QB Jay Cutler to a broken thumb, quoted on chicagotribune.com: "Don't feel sorry for us or anything like that. We have a lot of things place. Caleb [Hanie] is excited about the opportunity. He realizes what is at stake."

Former Broncos QB Jake Plummer on the team's current QB Tim Tebow, quoted from sportsradiointerviews.com: "I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ then I think I'll like him a little better. I don't hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff ... like you know, I understand dude where you're coming from ... but he is a baller. He knows how to win and when your teammates believe in you that you can do good things and that's what they are doing."

Vikings DE Jared Allen on the disappointing 2-8 season the team has had so far, quoted on washingtonpost.com: "I'm trying to win a Super Bowl one of these years, and it's like another year down the drain." Added OLB Chad Greenway: "It's over now. We just have to try and win the rest. That can be our only goal, and if it's not then people in the locker room need to not be a part of it."

Sunday, Nov. 20, 2011

Raiders head coach Hue Jackson on the treatment he gets from officials, quoted on sfgate.com: "I understand that I am a rookie coach and maybe I don't get all the calls. But there is no way some of the things that happened should happen. Sometimes I would get talked to as if they didn't know what I was asking. I just don't think it was fair. I asked several times for explanations and wouldn't get them. … We can't get the ref over here when there is a break in the action, but he is over there on the other bench having conversations with them. I have a hard time with that."

Bills head coach Chan Gailey on his team's third consecutive blowout defeat, a 35-8 loss to the Dolphins, quoted on usatoday.com: "I don't know if I've ever been through that before, ever. When you're that bad, you're having a pitiful day." Added QB Ryan Fitzpatrick: "We're baffled as to what has happened. For the past three weeks, it has not been fun to play, and I'm sure it has not been fun to watch." 

Redskins OLB Brian Orakpo on the difficulty trying to sack Cowboys QB Tony Romo, quoted on washingtonpost.com: "He's like a snake, man. You got to know when you're rushing, he's slippery, he's all over the place. I can't stand playing against this guy, because it don't matter if you beat your guy. You got to worry about him. That's the frustrating part." Added CB DeAngelo Hall, commenting on his play in the loss: "But I can't point a finger at anybody but myself. The way I'm playing, they need to go and cut me because I'm definitely not worth what I'm getting. It's frustrating."

Source: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/11/21/they-said-it-week-of-nov-20

Otto Graham Paul Brown Marion Motley Jim Brown Lou Groza Dante Lavelli

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿