2011年10月30日日曜日

Del Pilar's Mailbag: Saturday edition

Don't forget to check out Pro Football Weekly's rankings as they're proven to be the best in the industry. At PFW, we don't just take the NFL seriously; we take fantasy just as seriously. As much as you want insight, the truth is, every service, every expert, every "wannabe" fantasy analyst checks the rankings to start. When you're in a jam, head to our player rankings section for that quick answer, especially on Sunday mornings.

Every week you see fantasy owners focusing on specific matchups or players. This week it seems as if Chargers QB Philip Rivers is the focal point of a lot of questions. He is struggling, so you're right to question him. Just make sure you have a viable backup who can effectively replace him.

Week Eight brings the following teams on byes: Falcons, Bears, Packers, Jets, Raiders and Buccaneers. That means you lose RBs Michael Turner and Matt Forté; WRs Greg Jennings, Santonio Holmes and Darrius Heyward-Bey; and TE Jermichael Finley.

You can reach me via:     

- Twitter: @wdelpilar        

- Email: fantasydoctor@pfwmedia.com

- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/ProFootballWeekly

 

Should I drop Reggie Wayne for David Nelson?

— Jayson via email

No, I wouldn't do it. Wayne has Curtis Painter, who is still learning the ropes and theoretically should improve as he's only been starting for a few weeks.

Would you trade Beanie Wells for Chris Johnson straight up?

Fondie18 via email

That's a tough question. An injury-prone player for an underperforming one who came to camp not ready to play and now that he has his big, fat, juicy contract, his work ethic may not be there. I don't know if it is or not, and because of that, I'll say make the trade. Wells just can't stay healthy, and CJ2K at least is providing about 75 offensive yards per game.

Once again I am stuck with my lineup. I am in a PPR league and most weeks I fare well but this week I have Matt Forté and Jordy Nelson going on a bye. I also have Fred Davis starting at TE with Vernon Davis on my bench. Do you think I should put Jonathan Stewart in to fill my RB spot and David Nelson in as my flex or is it time to pull Reggie Wayne out of my lineup for David Nelson and put Vernon at the flex?

Cody via email

Keep Wayne in your lineup this week as he has a favorable matchup, more so than Nelson. I would get V. Davis in the flex. I don't know what other options you have at the back position, so I would say to put Stewart in there if he's your best bet.

I am having two different issues with my QB in the fantasy league I am in: (1) Who should I start, Vick or Roethlisberger? (2) Should I trade either one?

Peter via email

For question one, I will say to go with Vick by a hair as his legs always make the difference. This week Big Ben is likely the safer pick as he has a better matchup. I love Vick's upside, so I say Vick. On question two, I would look to move Vick for a blockbuster deal to shore up one-to-two weak spots you may have. I'm not sure Vick will make it through the season.

I have 4 RBs I want to start with only slots available on my team. Pick 3 of the 4 Chris Johnson, Fred Jackson, Ahmad Bradshaw, DeMarco Murray. I love all of their matchups this week. Jackson is a definite, and normally so is Johnson, especially against Indy's D, but the way he's been playing all year scares me ... little Halloween reference for you. Anyway, thanks. Love the column.

Bobby via email

Bobby, keep your day job... ;). To answer your question: Great choices and to be honest, it may come back to haunt you (Halloween pun), but why not go for broke with Murray? I say that, but the Eagles have had time to prepare for him, and the Rams were woeful. Because CJ2K is averaging 75 offensive yards per game, you should stick with him for one more week. Try to trade Murray while he's hot because he's not as good as his numbers.

Who should I trade, Jason Witten or Aaron Hernandez?

Daniel via email

I would trade Witten. Witten will bring you greater value as a selling point. He's QB Tony Romo's favorite receiver and is not sharing the role with anyone and is consistent. You'll get more in return, but in the end I move the one I get the greatest value for. Every owner is different; investigate both players' values in your league.

Who should I start this week? Eli Manning or Tim Tebow? Touchdowns are worth six pts.

Ryan via email

This one's easy; go with Manning as I like his matchup. From Weeks Two through Five, he had 11 TDs, an average of 2.8 per game. The fact TDs are worth six points nullifies some of Tebow's value, because in most leagues, TD passes are four points for quarterbacks.

I have Aaron Rodgers on a bye. Who would make a better fill-in? Ponder, Painter, Beck, Kolb, Moore, or Jackson?

Mike via email

Ponder's too green and raw, Kolb's facing the Ravens and T-Jax may not play. That leaves Painter, Beck and Moore as your options and from there, I like Painter's matchup against the Titans, who have fallen back to earth after a great start.

RB Jackie Battle, Daniel Thomas, or WR Brandon Lloyd? Thanks for your time. I appreciate it.

Lewis via email

I like Daniel Thomas and his matchup, but he's not 100 percent, so go with Battle. Let's see Lloyd produce with QB A.J. Feeley before risking using someone who won't see the ball as much as Battle.

I have Andre Johnson, Percy Harvin, Antonio Brown and Nate Washington available for this week; which three should I go with? Or option to pick up Jabar Gaffney and drop one. Thanks.

Kevin via email

Andre Johnson is not going to play and Percy Harvin (ribs) is not yet ready to go, though the latter hasn't been ruled out. I don't expect to see either play, and if Harvin does, it's unlikely he'll be effective. Antonio Brown has a great matchup this week, as does Nate Washington. I like Jabar Gaffney as a No. 3 or flex receiver but not at the cost of dropping anyone you have right now. If forced, I'd drop Harvin if I knew I could get him back, but if not, you may have to eat that position.

Source: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/10/29/del-pilars-mailbag-saturday-edition-8

Patrick Edwards Eugene Sims Aldrick Robinson Tory Collins Brandon McRae Jermelle Cudjo

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿