2011年10月27日木曜日

They Said It: week of Oct. 23

Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2011

Eagles CB Asante Samuel, addressing the trade rumors that swirled around him before the trading dealine and his feelings about team president Joe Banner and GM Howie Roseman, quoted on csnphilly.com: "It's a business and they run it like a business and they're going to do what they need to do. They're playing with a lot of money, playing fantasy football, doing their thing." Asked if he felt wanted by the team, Samuel responded: "By [head coach] Andy [Reid]. Couple people upstairs might not want me, but who cares? They've probably never played football."

Dolphins TE Anthony Fasano, discussing the fans' desire for the team to "Suck for Luck," quoted on sportsradiointerviews.com: "It's sick actually. I can't even fathom those thoughts of those people that conjure up that stuff. They have never played sports and pretty much aren't really our loyal fans. I can't really put any weight into that and I know the players don't listen to it. It's a shame, but people are going to talk and we just have to block that out."

Bills S George Wilson on whether he views the game in Toronto Sunday against the Redskins as a home game, quoted on wivb.com: "It's not a home game. The fan support in Toronto is a night-and-day difference from what we have in Buffalo. For the most part, it's a show. You see just as many jerseys for the opposing teams as you do the Bills. They cheer for any big play regardless of whichever team makes it."

President and GM of the Arena Football League's Chicago Rush, Gene Nudo, on the team's interest in free-agent WR Terrell Owens, from an official press release: "We feel that this is an ideal time to approach the future NFL Hall of Famer. It would be a fantastic honor to add Terrell to our current roster for the 2012 season." The team offered Owens a contract and head coach Bob McMillen commented on how Owens would fit on the team: "Terrell would absolutely complement our current wide receiving corps. His animation and over-the-top energy would be an excellent addition in the locker room, and the Chicago fans would undoubtedly welcome him here in Chicago."

Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2011

Former Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell, looking back at his time with the team, quoted on ibabuzz.com: "Things weren't going right, and it felt sometimes like everything fell back on me. I take some responsibility, but I was one guy.... I may have missed a throw, but I didn't give up 42 points, I didn't miss a block." Russell also discussed former head coach Tom Cable: "When the [media] asks me, I say, 'He's a good coach, a good guy.' Then I hear he says I was the worst thing ever happened to the Raiders, if it weren't for him we'd be in the playoffs?... It just got to where the game wasn't fun for me."

Vikings CB Chris Cook, who was charged with felony domestic assault Tuesday, responding to the accusations on his Twitter page: "There's always two sides to a story!! My apologies to the fans! Vikings ownership, coaching staff, my teammates and friends and family!!"

Ravens LB Terrell Suggs on the team's offensive performance and the role of RB Ray Rice, quoted on washingtonpost.com:"It baffles me that Ray Rice only had [eight] carries. This is a Pro Bowl running back we're talking about. You've got to feed the horse. They fed their horse. We got to feed our horse. He's a good guy. He wants the ball. I think we should feed him. Ray Rice is a phenomenal player. You've got to use your phenomenal players."

Monday, Oct. 24, 2011

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh, responding to the accusations by Falcons WR Roddy White that he taunted QB Matt Ryan while he was injured and that White had lost respect for him, quoted on freep.com: "Do I need Rodney White's respect? No," Suh said calling White by the wrong first name. "I'm not even near their quarterback so how am I going to trash talk somebody that has a medical staff that's all around him?"

Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier, responding to reports that QB Donovan McNabb didn't work hard enough while he was the team's starting QB, quoted on twincities.com: "Ridiculous. Flat-out ridiculous. I don't know where that would come from. I mean, this guy worked his tail off when he was the starting quarterback, staying after practice, throwing balls with receivers. When I heard about that, 'Wow, where would that come from?'"

Eagles RB Ronnie Brown on being traded to the Lions, then un-traded back to the Eagles and what it means for his season going forward, quoted on csnphilly.com: "So I guess there's not enough balls or opportunities to go around for everybody. You realize that and just move on. That's the disappointing part of it, that there were going to be more opportunities out there in Detroit for me. More carries than I would have gotten here. But it happens, it's over with and you move on."

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall, defending embattled head coach Tony Sparano, whose job security has come into question, on sun-sentinel.com: "Coach Sparano is one of the hardest-working men in football. I'm not going to take anything away from Coach Sparano and what he brings to this team, this organization. Of course he's the head coach, so he's going to take a lot of heat, but trust me, it's not just him. It's all of us."

Sunday, Oct. 23, 2011

Titans RB Chris Johnson on the problems in the running game and who's to blame, quoted on Jim Wyatt's Twitter page: "If you are watching the game and you can't tell what's going on with the run game, then I'd say you really don't know football. I wouldn't say I am the issue. I'm very confident I've been doing the things ... I do. I can't do nothing but keep working hard."

Falcons C Todd McClure on the actions of Lions DT Ndamukong Suh during the Falcons' 23-16 win Sunday, quoted on ajc.com: "I had respect for Suh before the game, but when Matt (Ryan) was on the ground, the things he was saying and the trash he was talking was definitely uncalled for. There are certain things you don't do. [He said,] 'Get the cart' and several other things that I can't repeat."

Chargers TE Randy McMichael, explaining the reason for the 27-21 loss to the Jets, quoted on washingtonpost.com: "We had them and we took our foot off the gas. I'm not giving credit to anybody. This is our fault. It had nothing to do with anyone on their team. The guys in this locker room, we lost the game."

Lions OG Rob Sims on the team getting booed by their usually supportive and rabid home crowd during Sunday's loss to the Falcons, quoted on freep.com: "We don't deserve their cheers if we're going to play like that. It's just that simple."

Source: http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/10/26/they-said-it-week-of-oct-23

New Orleans Saints Tampa Bay Buccaneers Tennessee Titans Buffalo Bills Dallas Cowboys Miami Dolphins

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿