2010年12月29日水曜日

Stoops: Backing the Hawkeyes in Insight

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops wrapped up practice a little after 4 p.m. local time before prepping for some more football on Tuesday night.

His plans were simple: head to Sun Devil Stadium for the Insight Bowl, where he'll cheer on his alma mater Iowa, when it takes on Missouri in nearby Tempe later tonight.

"I got my Hawkeye gear ready to go," Stoops said. "Sorry, I know Missouri's in the Big 12, but I'm a Hawkeye, so I gotta go cheer for my Hawks. We walk around all Saturday in the fall yelling, 'Go Hawks!' at home. My wife gets the kids yelling it, so we get to say it for real tonight and mean it."

Stoops, known for his trademark visor, doesn't have a black and gold version with the Hawkeye logo, but he's got a pullover ready for the Iowa season finale.

The whole Stoops family planned to be in attendance, but Stoops wasn't sure if he'd be in the stands or in a suite come kickoff.

"I'm going to get out early before the traffic, but we'll stay for a good part of it," he said.

Stoops was a defensive back at Iowa from 1979-82 before becoming a graduate assistant under famed coach Hayden Fry.

"I was there 10 years, all my brothers went there," he said. "Nobody can blame me for [rooting for the Hawkeyes]. Surely, Gary Pinkel will understand. He won't care, actually."

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/36296/stoops-backing-the-hawkeyes-in-insight

Clemson Tigers Florida Gators Northwestern Wildcats Wichita State University Nebraska Cornhuskers North Carolina Tar Heels

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿